As a beginner or a new player at the casino you have a sparkle in your eyes with adrenaline rush and a bit of nervousness. The excitement of playing slots is nevertheless more in you as you hear stories or read the winners tales how they had hands full on millions of dollars by playing and gambling real money slots at online casinos or land based casinos. Online casinos are highly convenient and satisfying as you only need is to be at home sit in front of your computer or cell phone or tablet and enjoy online real money slots and win real cash without wasting gasoline or any money to visit the land casino.
How to get started to play real money slots?
If you have never played slots at an online casino then this beginners guide covers everything you need to know to get started playing and winning online. You will learn what are real money slots, how you open an online casino account, how you make a deposit and more.
- As a first step you need to choose reputed online casino to play real money slots
- Visit the online casinos website with your PC or Android or iPhone by typing the url of the casino
- The casino home page will open in front of your computer or Android screen
- Depending on the online casino you will be prompted to either download the free casino software or open the no download instant casino in your web or safari or Google chrome browser.
- If you choose to download the casino software you will tap or click on that button and install the casino on your computer
- If not you will simply click or tap on Instant Play option
- Both of the methods will ask you to register an account with the casino by entering your few details like Name, Username, Password, Phone Number, Country etc.
- Once you are done with registration you will then be prompted to visit the casinos Cashier section to make a deposit. (note that to play real money slots you have to go to cashier and make a deposit at the casino)
- Next at Cashier or banking page you select the mode of deposit option from the list given and choose the one you think makes you more comfortable.
- When you make a deposit automatically you claim your sign up/welcome bonus offered by the online casino
- Now go to the slots games menu and select a slot machine from there which you wish to play
- The slot machine or game will be loaded on your screen and you click to play
- You will select a bet size and press spin to start playing
- In case you win, your wins are automatically credited to your casino account.
- You can then either choose to withdraw the money or play more real money slots
What are real money slots?
Real money slots are those slot machines that require real money or cash or Canadian dollars to play and gamble. This means these slot machines demand actual currency to play and win real cash.
Note that online casinos offer free and real money slots. Free slots are those that you can play for fun and involves no real money deposits and no real money wins but to play real money slots you need to make a deposit which may vary from machine to machine starting as low as one cent or penny and go up to $125 or more a spin. These slot machine features include progressives, instant win bonus rounds, mini games and free spins too. The real money slots also offer big money jackpot games like Mega Moolah where you can hope to win over million dollars.
Here are the types of Real slots machines you can expect to find at online casinos
- Classic 3-Reel: These are the old school 3-reel slots that usually have fruit or diamond symbols.
- Video slots: These are usually 5-reel machines, but you’ll find 3, 4, 6, 7 and 9-reel machines, too. These often have features or bonuses you can trigger.
- Progressives: These can either be classic or video machines. What makes these unique is that if you max out your bet, you stand a little chance of winning the jackpot. A portion of every max bet goes to making the jackpot bigger. These can reach millions of dollars, just like they do offline.
- 3D Slots: These have 3D graphics like today’s video games do. These often have bonus rounds or features that further utilize 3D graphics.
- Penny Slots: You can play for as little as 1-penny per line. You can play these and play all the lines, for a total bet of .25-.75 that is 25-75 lines. But you can also play for tens or hundreds of dollars per line/spin, so don’t worry about being capped at too low an amount.
- Also there are slot machines that are based and revolve around a TV show or movie like Game of Thrones
Features in Real Money Slots: Reels, Paylines, Symbols and Bonus
Real money slots machines consist of reels, paylines, symbols, wilds, free spins, bonus rounds and various other features.
- Reels: Every slot game is composed of a series of reels. The number of reels is always odd with machines having three, five, seven, or even nine reels. Each reel has various icons or symbols on it. You win money if, after the reels spin, they stop and align in a manner that results in winning combination on one or more paylines.
- Payline: The payline of a slot machine is composed of rows going across the reels from left to right. Paylines may be comprised of symbols that are all in the same row, or they may be in rows that fluctuate across the reels. Machines have from one to more than 50 paylines.
- Symbols: The symbols on a slot machine align to make a winning combination of images across a payline and are in some way related to theme of the machine. Like Mega Moolah machine with an Wild African adventure theme include characters and other images from African jungles, while one that is based on a sport will include images associated with the particular sport’s theme.
- Wilds: Wild symbols are used to complete paylines, as they can become any other symbol that’s associated with the payout table. There are cascading wilds that help you win, but then disappear from the reels to allow other symbols to come ‘cascading’ down to potentially form additional winning combos. These give you multiple chances to win, and are often used to trigger bonus rounds. Expanding/Stacked Wilds are those when one of these appear, they’ll expand to cover more of the reel or the reels next to it. This gives you wild more surface area, which makes it more likely you’ll hit one, if not multiple winning combos. Sticky Wilds are those wild symbols that can be clumped together. When you get these, they’ll remain behind for that spin, or for as long as you have free spins. These can add up over the course of several free spins and increase your chances of winning big.
- Ways to Win: These can give you 234 or 1024 (or more) ways to win. You can get winning combinations from left to right, as well as right to left. Win Both Ways is also same where you can win from left to right, as well as right to left.
- Autoplay: Is the feature in slot machine where you sit back and watch the spins over and over again. Once you’re shown the results, the reels will spin again automatically.
- Nudges: You have the option to move a reel down to potentially form a winning combination. These are usually manual, but some games have an automatic nudge feature, too.
- Multipliers: These will multiply your winnings for that round or for a number of spins. For example, say you win $5 from a bonus round, but also have a 5x multiplier. You won’t just win $5, you’ll win $25.
- Free Spins: The machine will award you with free spins, where all the features in this list can still be triggered. You can win credits, additional free spins, trigger bonus rounds, and more.
- Bonus Rounds: Bonus symbols will usually send you into the bonus round and scatters may work in various ways. Scatters often influence the start of bonus rounds or your ability to win free spins.
Therefore before you jump to play any slot game read the associated payout table that tells you what combination of symbols will result in you going to the bonus round, hitting a winning combination, or capturing free spins. It will also inform you on how much you will win on a given turn depending on the combination of symbols and how much you bet.
How to choose an online casino to play real money slots?
You need to look at various factors in choosing an online casino to play real money slots.
- The casino should be reputed, licensed and registered one
- It should have wide variety of slots to play
- The casino should offer variety of deposit options that seem compatible and legal in your country.
- Casino should have good cash out times and you may be able to withdraw your winnings without any difficulty.
- Always read the casino terms and conditions before you play and read the bonus terms and conditions before you claim a bonus
- The casino should also offer 24/7 customer support by variety of methods to contact them like Live chat, email, phone numbers, skype and more.
The Casino Software
- Know the casino software type it offers like Microgaming, Real Time Gaming, Playtech, Betsoft and others. The slot software used by the casino influences the security of the slot gaming experience. As long as a player is at a reputable casino powered by stable and renowned software, they can be assured security is not a concern. The slot machines of these casinos have random number generators that ensure the outcomes of every spin are unbiased, random, and unpredictable. The RNG is also audited regularly by a respected independent auditor to ascertain that it does indeed facilitate fair gameplay.
That will make you know about the games they offer
- Microgaming – They have hundreds of slots to their credit. Many are proprietary themes. Others are licensed slot titles. They’re also known for Mega Moolah, a progressive slot that has paid out tens of millions over the last decade.
- Betsoft – Known most for their 3D slots. Also has generic slots around familiar themes.
- Real Time Gaming – Known most for generic slot themes, being US-friendly and their system-wide progressives.
- NetEnt – Known for their licensed slots as best slots Aliens, South Park, Tom Raider, slots around familiar themes like Ghost Pirates, and known characters, like Frankenstein.
- IGT – You’ll find IGT slots offline, too. They’re known for slots like Family Guy, Kitty Glitter, Battleship and Breaking Bad.
- Rival – Known for their iSlots and are often story oriented slot machine.
Making Deposits and Withdrawals to play real money slots
To play for real money you will need to deposit some money into your casino account. To do this you need to visit the casinos Banking or Cashier section. Here you will be able to select from all of the deposit methods and select an amount to deposit.
The cashier section is also where you withdraw money from your account. Select the withdrawal button and you can then choose how much to withdraw and by which method. In most cases your withdrawl method will be the same as the method you used to deposit with. Other payout options often include check and bank wire.
In case of winning as part of the security measures used by online casinos you will have to verify your identity. This involves e-mailing or faxing the casino copies of a photo ID, recent utility bill showing your address proof.
To play real money slots remember to stick to your bank roll and spend your real cash wisely on slots games.