How to trade in your Android mobile device with Telus Canada?
Know the trade in program, how it works and the rules to follow
The trade-in program by Telus is a way where you can save some dollars and get your mobile smartphone some worth be it an old phone or get up to $450 in Telus store credit towards a new smartphone, tablet or accessory.
This means that under this program you can even trade your used device for a credit you can apply towards a new phone.
Rules to follow for trade-in program- Trade in your Android mobile device
- You can trade-in one device per subscriber for credit at the time of new activation, upgrade or renewal.
- There is no minimum contract term for this program.
- To receive full trade-in credit, your device must be in working condition, with its battery and battery cover included.
- The trade-in credit is non-transferable and has zero cash value.
- Trade-in credit must be redeemed in-store at the time of device trade-in. Unused credit is relinquished once you leave the store.
- Trade-in credit must first be applied toward the cost of any new phone. Any remaining credit can then be used toward accessories only.
- All mobile devices, batteries, and accessories intended for recycling can be dropped off at participating Trade-In locations in any quantity, at any time. Recycled items will not be issued trade-in credits and do not require an activation or renewal transaction for drop off.
- You can trade in any mobile device, from any mobile carrier worldwide, with the exception of Smart Hubs and routers.
- Also all trades are final and once you’ve traded-in a device, it cannot be reclaimed.
How to get started to trade in your Android mobile device?
Before you trade in your device, you’ll want to prepare your Android cell phone so your account and personal information are protected.
As a first step you need to Deactivate “Reactivation Lock” like in many Samsung Android cell phones your device is with “Reactivation Lock” switched on, so you must switch this feature off before trading in your phone.
For this go to the Home screen on your Android device and tap on Apps
Now select Settings and navigate to Security to find Reactivation Lock. Ensure there is no green check mark.
With a simple tap here your device’s Reactivation Lock has been disabled.
Now you need to disable Telus services on your Android device depending on the network-type used by your device and protect your Telus account.
If your mobile device uses the 4G network, all you need to do is remove your Telus SIM card from the device you intend to trade-in. In most cases, your old SIM card will work with your new phone.
If your mobile device uses the 3G network, then you need to visit a Product Care Centre. Click on Store Locator to find the closest location. You can have your device deactivated at the time of trade-in.
When done you can contact Telus customer care to have your device deactivated.
You also need to remove your memory card or micro SD from your android cell phone. Memory cards are typically black in color, and about half the size of a SIM card.
Finally, reset your device to its original factory settings. This will protect your privacy and reset your device to its original factory settings. Resetting your device deletes your ringtones, contacts, pictures, messages, and other downloaded content.
To reset your device to its original factory settings on your Android go to Home screen > tap Menu then Tap Settings
Now Select Privacy and next Select Factory data reset
Now place a check mark next to Format USB storage if you would like to wipe your Micro SD card while resetting your device
Tap Reset phone and Tap Erase everything.
If you have Samsung Android then also first go to the Home screen and tap Apps
Now select Settings Navigate to Backup and Reset and select Factory data reset
Enter the Samsung account password and Tap Delete all and the device will reboot
You are ready with your used Android device to trade-in so simply Look-up the trade-in value of your device online or use Store Locator to find the closest Trade-in location
Remember that this program is available to all new and existing Telus customers.
The trade-in value of your device will be determined based on its condition and FMV (Fair Market Value), after an in-store appraisal.
You can contact me here if you find any difficulty
Click here for Trade in with BellMTS
Remember that with such trade-in programs you can easily dispose of your old smartphone and get a new phone with credits and save money. Many telecom or network carriers offer such programs in Canada. Find the one that suits you best.
This is how you can trade in your Android mobile device with Telus Canada.