Disney+ On Android is a subscription service on your Android device where you can watch movies, TV shows and have full entertainment. Disney+ is a hub of music, movies and various other informative channels that are streamed directly on your Android mobile. Watch new and classic TV and movies from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, National Geographic and 21st Century Fox from one streaming service.
- To set up Disney+ on Android smartphone first download the Disney+ app
- Go to the Play Store on your Android smartphone or tablet and search for the Disney+ app. Click “Install” and wait for the app to install onto your device.
- Click here to do so
- Now open your account and Sign up to Disney+ to stream hundreds of movies and shows
- If you like what you see, you can sign up for an account for either $11.99 per month or $119.99 per year. The yearly cost equates to about 2 months free when compared to the monthly subscription cost.
- This cost is applicable after a free trial if applicable.
- If you haven’t already set up an account on the Disney+ website, clicking either the monthly or annual subscription buttons on the app will use your Play Store payment details to complete the subscription.
- If you sign up through the website, you can choose a different payment method, such as PayPal or a credit card
- Next create your profile
- If your household has more than one person who would like to use the Disney+ app, creating separate user profiles for each person is a great way to ensure that watchlists and viewing histories can be kept separate for each person.
- Once you’re in the app, tap on the Mickey Mouse icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Tap the “Add Profile” button.
- Choose an avatar for the profile.
- Give the profile a name.
- If you want to ensure that younger viewers don’t see content that they’re not ready for, enable the “Kids Profile” option to allow only child-friendly content to be viewed by that account.
- If you’d like autoplay enabled so that the next episode in a series will automatically play, you can switch that on as well.
- Now it’s time to relax with a movie or TV show, so tap on what you want to watch and enjoy the show.
- If you have a Chromecast connected to your television or you own a Chromecast-compatible TV, you can broadcast Disney+ from your device so you can enjoy your content with full sound on the big screen.
- Tap on the Chromecast icon near the top corner of your device screen and choose your TV from the list of available devices.
In terms of content, the Disney Plus on Android offering will include content from all of their brands:
- Star Wars
- National Geographic
Which Android Mobile Devices Are Supported On Disney Plus?
Most of the Android mobile devices are supported on Disney Plus. According to the Disney+ on Android help center, if your Android mobile phone is running on an OS 5.0, i.e., Android Lollipop, or any later versions, your smartphone will easily support Disney+. You can also access Disney+ on other devices and platforms like Xbox One (Watch Disney+ on Xbox One), Roku (Get Disney Plus on Roku), Samsung Smart TV (Get Disney+ on Samsung TV), and Windows 10.
You can stream all your favourite movies and TV shows on Disney+ on Android seamlessly on your Android smartphone if it is any of the following versions:
- Lollipop 5.0 – 5.1.1
- Marshmallow 6.0 – 6.0.1
- Nougat 7.0
- Nougat 7.1.0 – 7.1.2
- Oreo 8.0
- Oreo 8.1
- Pie 9.0
- Android 10 10.0
- Android 11
- Android 12
Also, make sure that you are using a stable and fast internet connection on your smartphone. You will need fast internet to enjoy buffer-free streaming.
Q1. How long is the free trial for Disney+ on Android Canada?
Disney Plus used to offer a free 7-day trial of the platform to new users. However, they stopped the free trial earlier this year after surpassing their subscriber goals. Currently, there is no free trial of the platform available in any market.
If you’re unsure about signing up for an annual package, take a month and give Disney Plus to see if it’s the right streaming service for you and your family. You can always upgrade to an annual package at the end of the month if you like it.
Q2. Is Disney+ on Android better than Netflix?
Netflix is a global streaming giant and household brand. However, it doesn’t offer the same variety of content in Canada as it does in the United States. As a result, you get a limited offering of content on Netflix Canada, making it less impressive than the US version.
Disney Plus might have a slender content library compared to Netflix, but it’s growing every day. As you expect Disney Plus to surpass Amazon and other streaming platforms to settle as the number-two contender under Netflix. Eventually, you see Disney Plus becoming a very strong streaming provider in the market.
A Netflix subscription costs you C$9.99 per month. However, with the basic package, you can only stream one movie or show at a time, and only in SD resolution. The standard package costs you C$14.99, with two streams, and you get HD resolution. The four-user Ultra HD Premium package is CAN$18.99.
Compare that top Disney Plus subscription at CAN$9 per month, or take an annual subscription for $90 with an upfront payment, saving you 10%.
Q3. Can you share your Disney Plus account?
Technically you should not be sharing your Disney Plus account outside of your own household. One Disney Plus account can be used simultaneously for 4 streams with up to 7 user profiles. Disney and all of the other streaming companies are well aware that accounts do get shared outside of the household with extended family and friends.
Q4. What’s included in Disney plus Canada?
When you sign up for Disney Plus Canada, you get access to the following features:
- Multiple User Profiles – Enjoy up to 7 user profiles on your Disney Plus account.
- Watch Offline – No internet? No problem. Queue your favourite movies and shows, and watch them offline later.
- Devices – Access your Disney Plus from any smart-enabled devices or TVs
- Dolby Vision, 4K, and Dolby Atmos Support – Disney offers full support for the latest in digital audio technology.
- Kids Viewing Profile – Setup custom viewing profiles for your kids to control the content they consume.
- GroupWatch – Watch movies and shows simultaneously with friends and family at remote locations. Text and chat while you enjoy your entertainment together.
- Original Disney Content – Get access to exclusive content like the new “Mandalorian” series.
Q5. Can I install Disney Plus on Android Box?
Yes, you can install Disney Plus on an Android Box if you have a certified Android Box, e.g., Nvidia’s Shield TV and Xiaomi’s Mi Box. You might be able to access Disney+ on other uncertified Android boxes as well, but their support is not guaranteed.
Q6. What version of Android is needed for Disney Plus?
Your device needs to be running on Android 5.0 or above versions to stream Disney Plus. If your Android device uses an OS that is lower than 5.0, you won’t be able to use the streaming platform on your device.